As the summer approaches, the buzz around Prime Day starts to grow. If you’re wondering what Prime Day is, let us enlighten you. Prime Day is Amazon’s highly anticipated annual summer sale, exclusively available to its Prime members. It has become the hottest event of the season for bargain enthusiasts, offering thousands of products at significantly reduced prices on the online retail giant’s platform.
To participate in this shopping extravaganza, you must be a Prime member. However, if you’re not a member yet, worry not! Amazon offers a free 30-day trial during the sale, ensuring you don’t miss out on the exclusive discounts. And if you decide not to continue with the membership, you can easily cancel it once the sale is over, without incurring any charges.
The range of products on sale during Prime Day is vast, covering virtually every category available on Amazon. From tech gadgets to home essentials, kitchen appliances to garden tools, fashion items to jewelry, beauty products to gaming accessories, and much more, there’s something for everyone.
Amazon leverages this opportunity to offer irresistible deals on its own branded products. You can expect to find the lowest prices of the year on popular items such as Kindles, Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks, and Fire Tablets. In fact, the prices during Prime Day often surpass even those of Black Friday.
Now, let’s delve into the details of Amazon Prime Day 2023. This year, the event will last for two days, taking place on July 11th and 12th. While last year saw the introduction of the Prime Early Access Sale, which occurred in October, it wasn’t an official Prime Day. However, there are speculations of a potential comeback of a similar event this October. Nonetheless, this summer’s Prime Day promises to offer a better selection of deals that you wouldn’t want to miss.
Prime Day has evolved from a small celebration for Prime members to a full-scale shopping holiday. However, it’s essential to note that Prime Day deals are exclusive to Amazon Prime members. Apart from gaining access to the exciting Prime Day offers, a Prime membership comes with numerous other benefits, including free two-day shipping and access to streaming services like Prime Video and Prime Music.
While a Prime membership usually costs $15 per month or $139 per year, new subscribers can enjoy a free 30-day trial. This trial period grants you access to the Prime Day sale. Just remember to cancel the membership if you don’t plan on using it frequently enough to justify the annual fee.
If you’re not a Prime member, fret not! Other retailers such as Walmart, Target, and Best Buy also roll out their own competing sales during Prime Day. These alternative sales provide similar discounts on technology and home goods without requiring a Prime subscription.
Now, the burning question: Is Prime Day worth it? With thousands of products on sale during the two-day event, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed. The answer to whether Prime Day is worth your time depends on your shopping needs. While Amazon devices, like Kindles, Fire TVs, and Echo devices, tend to have the lowest prices on Prime Day, there are deals across various categories such as household essentials, beauty products, and electronics.
To make the most of Prime Day, here are seven tips to enhance your shopping experience:
- Prepare a wish list: Prioritize your purchases and create a shopping list using Amazon’s Wish List feature. It helps you keep track of desired items and alerts you when deals go live.
- Price-check everything: Research the price history of products using tools like CamelCamelCamel or Keepa. These platforms provide insights into the product’s past pricing, enabling you to identify genuine deals.
- Utilize the Amazon mobile app: Download the Amazon mobile app to monitor items and set up notifications. The app can notify you five minutes before a deal starts, especially useful if you have a wish list.
- Get deal notifications from Alexa: Enable Alexa to receive notifications about deals. Alexa can even make the purchase for you if the products in your wish list or shopping cart are on sale.
- Get free Amazon credits and subscriptions: Keep an eye out for promotions that offer free credits or subscriptions. Amazon frequently provides incentives like promotional credits, extended trials for services, and exclusive discounts during Prime Day.
- Compare prices with other retailers: If you’re not a Prime member, explore competing sales from major retailers like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. These sales often offer comparable discounts on technology and home goods, sans the Prime subscription requirement.
- Bookmark Insider Reviews’ Prime Day coverage: Stay updated with Insider Reviews’ live blog, which highlights deals throughout the 48-hour event. They also curate roundups of deals across different categories, ensuring you don’t miss out on the best offers.
Prime Day is the perfect opportunity to score incredible deals. Remember that Amazon’s return policy applies to Prime Day purchases, allowing you to return most items within 30 days. However, be aware of any restrictions mentioned in the fine print, such as exclusions for grocery products and gift cards.
Stay tuned for more information as Prime Day approaches, and be sure to check out our comprehensive guide to make the most of this exciting shopping event.
About the Author:
Parminder Singh Founder of FlipCard is an SEO & content writing expert helping businesses succeed online. My innovative and cutting-edge SEO techniques have revolutionized the field, helping numerous companies boost their online visibility and achieve their business goals. Sharing tips on improving rankings, driving traffic & boosting ROI.