Miami Mayor Francis Suarez announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday, just days after GOP front-runner Donald Trump appeared in court on federal charges in Suarez’s city.
Suarez, 45, is the only Hispanic candidate in the race. He is a rising star in the Republican Party and is seen as a potential challenger to Trump.
In his announcement speech, Suarez said that he is running for president because he believes that the country is “at a crossroads.” He said that he wants to “lead a new generation of Republicans” who are “focused on the future.”
Suarez’s announcement comes at a time when the Republican Party is deeply divided. Trump is still very popular among the party’s base, but he has also alienated many moderate Republicans.
It remains to be seen whether Suarez will be able to unite the Republican Party and win the nomination. However, his announcement is a sign that there is a growing desire for change within the party.
Here are some additional details from the article:
- Suarez declared his candidacy in paperwork with the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.
- He made his announcement in a speech at the Reagan Library in California.
- Suarez has been a vocal critic of Trump in the past, but he has said that he is willing to work with him if he becomes president.
- Suarez is a businessman and lawyer who has served as mayor of Miami since 2017.
- He is married and has two children.
About the Author:
Parminder Singh (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin) Founder of FlipCard is an SEO & content writing expert helping businesses succeed online. My innovative and cutting-edge SEO techniques have revolutionized the field, helping numerous companies boost their online visibility and achieve their business goals. Sharing tips on improving rankings, driving traffic & boosting ROI.