Hikers on Saturday discovered human remains on Southern California’s Mount Baldy, the same mountain area where British actor Julian Sands went missing more than five months ago.
- The remains were found by hikers at about 10 a.m. and transported to the county coroner’s office for identification.
- Sands was reported missing on January 13 on Mt. Baldy, a popular hiking area located in the San Gabriel Mountains, about 50 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
- Sheriff’s officials announced last week that they resumed the search for Julian Sands on June 17, with over 80 search and rescue volunteers, deputies and staff taking part. However, he was not located at the time.
- This past winter, California was hit by a series of historic storms, driven by atmospheric rivers, which caused flooding and mudslides statewide and also created dangerous conditions in wilderness areas.
- Two days after Sands went missing, a mother of four died after sliding more than 500 feet down Mt. Baldy. Later that same month, a 75-year-old man was found and rescued after going missing on Mt. Baldy for two days.
- Sands has dozens of film and television credits over a five-decade career. They include “A Room with a View,” “Leaving Las Vegas,” “The Killing Fields,” “Oceans Thirteen” and “24.”
About the Author:
Parminder Singh Founder of FlipCard is an SEO & content writing expert helping businesses succeed online. My innovative and cutting-edge SEO techniques have revolutionized the field, helping numerous companies boost their online visibility and achieve their business goals. Sharing tips on improving rankings, driving traffic & boosting ROI.