The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for the Denver metro area and surrounding foothills.
The watch is in effect until midnight tonight. The NWS is warning of the possibility of heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail.
- Heavy rain: The NWS is forecasting up to 2 inches of rain in some areas. This could lead to flooding, especially in low-lying areas.
- Thunderstorms: There is a 60% chance of thunderstorms tonight. These storms could produce large hail, up to the size of golf balls.
- Wind: The NWS is also warning of gusty winds, up to 50 mph. These winds could cause power outages and damage to property.
The NWS is urging people to stay safe tonight. If you live in an area that is prone to flooding, be prepared to evacuate if necessary. If you see large hail, take shelter immediately. And if you are driving, be aware of the possibility of slick roads.
Here are some additional details from the article:
- The flash flood watch is in effect for the following areas: Denver, Boulder, Aurora, Lakewood, Centennial, Arvada, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, and the surrounding foothills.
- The heaviest rain is expected to fall in the foothills, where up to 3 inches of rain is possible.
- The NWS is also warning of the possibility of flash flooding in urban areas, especially if there is heavy rain in a short period of time.
- If you live in an area that is prone to flooding, be sure to have a plan in place in case you need to evacuate.
- If you see large hail, take shelter immediately. Hail can cause serious injuries, especially if it is the size of golf balls or larger.
- If you are driving, be aware of the possibility of slick roads. Slow down and use caution if you are driving in areas where there has been rain.
About the Author:
Parminder Singh Founder of FlipCard is an SEO & content writing expert helping businesses succeed online. My innovative and cutting-edge SEO techniques have revolutionized the field, helping numerous companies boost their online visibility and achieve their business goals. Sharing tips on improving rankings, driving traffic & boosting ROI.